Pages

My photo
Saya kuyu for almost all the time. The name is, Ibtisam Hadi. twenty-two. A full-time student. more Qs? http://ask.fm/IbtisamH

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Somewhere special

Assalamualaikum & Hi,



First of all, Al-fatihah to those passengers on board the missing airplane MH370, which was recently ended at Indian Ocean. My condolences goes to the victims' family. May Allah grants you strength and patience to face this.

Also, let's pray for the wrongly accused 529 Muslim Brotherhood (there are 700 of them actually. according to a newspaper) at Egypt. They are unfairly sentenced to death without having a chance to defend themselves. May Allah protect them.

Amin.





So, here is my story. Ever since I am back in Malaysia (almost half a year already) there is a thing I've always said,
"Rindu Mansoura, rindu Egypt." 
"Apa yg ada kat sana sampai rindu sgt?"
"Tak tawu. :)"

That's my usual, common answer. Hmm, how should I say this? There is something there that made me proud of being a Muslim. Honestly, when ustaz or teachers said "We're lucky to be born as muslim." I just nodded, agreed with them but I never really understood. I think it was because we got a free ticket to heaven of being a muslim. Only after I got there, I understood. There are few events that make me realize Islam isn't just about pray 5 times a day, fasting every ramadhan, it's more than that. There's more to it.

Situation 1:
There was a time when I went to siqqah gidida (pasar baru) with my friends, to buy something for our house or something. By the time we entered a shop, there was this old man (about 40 above), he greeted us with smile and salam. I could say, he was really nice. Then, while we were looking at the stuffs, adhaan (azan) was heard from the nearby mosque. But we keep talking and talking. Then, this ammu(pak cik) was like, "Ya muslimah *mumbles2*" We hardly understand what he said that time, but he meant something like 'It's a shame. We are a muslim, talking during adhaan, not respecting the adhaan. We should be quiet and answering the adhaan at the same time' We were so embarrassed that day. He was just a typical old man, who owns a shop and yet his words hit us really hard that we didn't want to enter his shop anymore. LOL 

Situation 2: 
In a taxi, conversation between us (me and the housemates) and the driver,
"Enti Malizi?" (Are you Malaysian?)
"Aiwaa" (Yes.)
"Muslimah? Kullu muslimah?" (muslim? semua muslim?)
"Aiwaa" (Yes.) 
"Alhamdulillah" 

We just smiled as he said that. He was so proud that we are a muslim. Even in a country (egypt) with most of them are muslim, he was so happy, grateful when he met other muslim. I never really feel like that.


Situation 3:
One day, there was a talk held by Aqsa Shariff (if I am not mistaken) about Palestine at a mosque nearby where I live. The event was held to collect fund for Palestine. I was there to help organizing the thing (I was not in charge of this.). We opened up a table in front of the mosque to give out leaflets, collect fund and other things. Then came an old man, he just got back from somewhere and his house was beside the mosque. He asked us what was it about and we said there's a talk about Palestine. He then asked, if we were collecting fund (sedekah; i can't remember the word for 'sedekah' he used) and we said yes. So, he searched for both of his pocket, take out everything he had with him. By everything, I didn't mean any big cash or something. He didn't seem like a well off guy, but he just gave everything, cash, coins without even looking at it. Without a slight hesitation. MasyaAllah. It was a sight that I suddenly embarrassed of myself. Even I hesitate a bit to give 'sedekah', I think twice if it was enough pocket money or not. What that ammu(pak cik) did, was a true generosity.

My daily life there was like a lesson to me. I keep learning new things. I believe there is this type of person here too. Egyptian, muslims there, give salam to strangers, pray for strangers, being generous to complete strangers which is hard to see here. By that, I learnt to care about others, I learnt to understand my role as muslimah. Here is my simple answer to those questions, "Tarbiyah. Hari2 tarbiyah."

Coming back here in Malaysia, doesn't mean it stops. It doesn't mean my effort to be a better muslim stops here. A sister said "Tarbiyah kat Malaysia lagi seronok. Percayalah." I am trying my best here. May Allah keep me in the right path, keep me from going astray.


Thank you fr reading.feel free to leave comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment